This week I decided to narrow the forum down into a more specific category. I thought that the "wedding guest list" would be a pretty interesting subtopic to look in on, so I looked around at different comments within the community. This forum was mostly about who is allowed to invite to the wedding, who should be invited, which parents get final say, who gets final say if the couple pays, how to avoid family conflict over the guest list, etc. Luckily, I did not have much of an issue with the guest list for my wedding. We split the number right down the middle, and as long as each of us stayed in our number we were okay.
A lot of people within the forum were having arguments over the guest list and their in-laws putting their opinion in. The community members were not arguing with each other, but they were complaining over their current situations within their immediate and extended family. One bride to be was upset, because her parents were paying for the wedding, yet her fiance's mother thought that she should be allowed to have final say over the guest list. The bride to be wanted advice on how to handle the "oh so delicate situation," and other community members gave her advice on how to approach the situation.
All of the members were really supportive, but there was one member who agreed with the mother-in-law, and a few of the other members on the forum kindly disagreed with her and told her why. I thought there would be more of a debate, but everyone seemed really supportive.
Next week, I plan on looking at another subtopic of wedding planning to see if the digital citizenship changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment