Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wedding Community
I joined a "community" on wedding planning, since I will be getting married in August. I am always on this site looking at different things such as ceremony ideas, music, proper etiquette, etc. so I thought it would be really beneficial to blog about it as well! So far the site is set up very logically, and it is pretty simple to use! Within the "community" there are different topics to read, as mentioned previously, and there are many people within each community sharing their beliefs, customs, ideas, etc.
From looking around at two or three different communities I have found that in general the digital citizenship is pretty nice. After all, most people getting married are excited, and want to share their ideas with others! I have not found anything "bad" yet, but I am sure that I will come across something at some point.
Theknot.com is a great resource to get information. If you are not sure about something, it gives the answer. If you're running out of creative thoughts, it gives you more. If you're not sure what song to choose for the first dance, it gives you a list. People are extremely helpful and give information about venders they used, who not to use, where to buy discounted items, who its ok to invite/not invite, etc.
Since I have been on this site, I have not written anything myself, but merely observed others conversations when a topic interest me. I am excited to become an active member, and maybe post some questions/comments of my own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment