Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guest List

This week I decided that I was going to post on the forum. I have stuck with the "guest list" forum, because I wanted to see if others would have good digital citizenship when I posted my opinion on the forum.

As a refresher: People in the community were arguing over who has final say on the guest list. I myself, do not have issues with this, but it seems to be a huge issue within the wedding planning community.

Four days ago, I posted "I believe that it is up to the person who is paying for the wedding to have final say over the guest list. I believe that a "wishlist" should be compiled of all parties involved, and then the bride and groom should pick from their families "wishlist" as long as it is within budget and people allowed. If the brides parents are paying then they will have final say of how many people can attend, and vise versa, but it should be up to the bride and the groom to pick who attends their special day." 


A lot of people within the community agreed with me, but one individual said, "if the bride or grooms parents are paying then they should be able to say who is or is not coming, and should be able to edit the list." I am not sure that I agree with this, but I still see this as good digital citizenship, because I was not attacked for my opinion. I was actually expecting more controversy than that, but I am glad to see that people's opinions are not attacked in here.

Next, week I plan on visiting another subtopic to see if I get the same response!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've found a great forum with great digital citizenship. :) When it comes to wedding planning and etiquette- bridezillas can sometimes come out of the woodwork. I'm glad that is not the case with this forum. I'll be excited to check in again and see how other posts and threads are treatin ya. :)

    ReplyDelete